We’ve all heard about Mommy Makeovers, but what about procedures for dad? More and more men are pursuing cosmetic options to keep them looking refreshed and youthful. For example, treatments such as BOTOX® Cosmetic at our Orlando plastic surgery center provide a great way to subtly rejuvenate a man’s face without undergoing plastic surgery.
Why are men suddenly seeking out cosmetic treatments?
The increase in male patients undergoing cosmetic procedures has 2 main causes: the desire to be more competitive in the workforce and the growing social acceptance of cosmetic procedures in general. Additionally, plastic surgery is becoming more popular because of increased awareness about how safe and effective these types of treatments and procedures can be.
What are the most common cosmetic concerns of men?
At our practice, men are often most concerned about:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Tired eyes
- Weak jawline
- Double chin
Which treatments can effectively address these concerns?
Men can pursue many different surgical and non-surgical options to improve these signs of aging. Examples include:
- BOTOX Cosmetic: When facial muscles contract, the skin wrinkles. As men age, their wrinkles and lines often become deeper. BOTOX is a neuromodulator that can reduce or even eliminate wrinkles by temporarily relaxing the small muscles that cause frown lines, horizontal forehead lines, and crow’s feet. This product is made from a purified form of botulinum toxin, which is safe and effective in small doses.
- Dermal Fillers: These injectable products are made from safe, biocompatible ingredients and can help add volume and smooth lines on a man’s face. Fillers work from beneath the skin to plump facial folds and depressions and restore fuller, more youthful contours.
- KYBELLA®: When a man has submental fat (double chin), it doesn’t necessarily mean he is overweight—this condition is often caused by genetics. KYBELLA is an injectable product used to reduce the look of a double chin. The treatment consists of a series of injections into the neck area. These injections contain a naturally occurring molecule called deoxycholic acid, which the body uses during digestion break down fat. When injected beneath the skin, KYBELLA destroys fat cells, which the body naturally eliminates over time.
- Ultherapy®: This noninvasive treatment uses ultrasound waves to stimulate collagen growth to significantly improve areas such as the face and neck. Immediately following treatment, patients usually feel well enough to return to their normal daily activities.
- Facelift: A facelift procedure helps men correct laxity on the jawline, smooth wrinkles near the nose and mouth, and add volume to the cheeks. When performing this procedure for men, I use a special technique to maintain and enhance masculine facial features.
- Eyelid Surgery: This procedure is great for men who receive comments from others that they appear tired or sad. It can be performed on the upper or lower lid to correct loose or excess skin, puffiness, wrinkles, bags, and dark circles.
- Neck & Face Liposuction: Men are good candidates for neck liposuction if they have localized fat under the chin and also good skin tone. This treatment can also be effective for older men when combined with a neck lift.
Check out our gallery of before-and-after photos to get a better idea of your potential. If you are interested in any of these procedures, request a consultation online or call our office at (407) 333-3040.
Leave a Reply