Gone are the days of surgery being your only option for facial rejuvenation. Today, you have no shortage of alternatives for refreshing your look—and they’re faster and less invasive than ever. A nonsurgical facelift such as our signature Primera Lift is often the best way to enjoy many of these benefits. The liquid facelift combines everything from BOTOX® Cosmetic to lip filler to give Orlando men and women a naturally younger-looking appearance, all without surgery.
What is the Primera Lift, how does it compare to a surgical facelift, and which option is right for you? Read on for answers to these questions and more.
Which Signs of Aging Does a Nonsurgical Facelift Treat?
The beauty of liquid facelifts is that they can be fully customized to address whatever concerns you may be facing. While your personalized Primera Lift may vary, these signs of aging are among the most common for both men and women:
- Lines and wrinkles: Wrinkles develop due to repeated movement over time and a decrease in natural collagen production. BOTOX and Dysport® injections relax dynamic wrinkles, and dermal fillers add volume to fill in folds or creases.
- Sagging skin: Drooping skin along the jawline causes jowls, a squarer face shape, and the infamous “turkey neck.” Ultherapy® tightens jowls and loose skin by heating the tissues and stimulating ongoing collagen production.
- Flat cheeks: Fallen or sunken cheeks prevent a plump, youthful appearance in the midface. Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC add fullness to the apples of the cheeks and enhance your cheekbones.
- Thin lips: Lips naturally thin over time and vertical lines develop both on the lips and around the mouth. Dermal fillers such as RESTYLANE® KYSSE™ create a smoother, more voluminous appearance.
- Aged skin: Sun damage and decreased collagen give the skin an aged, worn look over the years. Laser skin resurfacing treatments stimulate collagen production and remove layers of damaged cells for fresher, more youthful skin.
- Hollows: Sunken areas such as the temples and tear troughs make you appear older than you may feel. Dermal fillers such as Restylane® restore lost volume for smoother, more rested-looking contours.
Your Primera Lift may include a combination of several of these options to create natural-looking results that reflect a more refreshed, rejuvenated version of you.
Surgical vs. Liquid Facelift: Which Option Is Better for Me?
While a liquid facelift has plenty of benefits to offer, a surgical facelift may be a better option in some cases. Here’s how these approaches compare:
- Corrections: If you have significant sagging in your lower face and neck, surgery may be more beneficial than a nonsurgical approach.
- Recovery: Surgical facelift recovery is 7 to 10 days, but there is little to no recovery time required for a liquid facelift.
- Results: Facelift surgery offers the luxury of longer-lasting results, sometimes turning back the clock by as much as a decade. Liquid facelift results typically last a year or so, depending on the procedures included.
- Pricing: Liquid facelifts generally offer a lower price point because you won’t need to pay the anesthesia or facility fees involved with surgery.
Learn more about the relationship between surgical and nonsurgical facelifts in this previous blog post.
Ultimately, the best way to determine your best treatment plan is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and facial plastic surgery specialist. To see examples of real patient results before you schedule your consultation at Primera, visit our before-and-after photo gallery.
If you would like to learn more about anti-aging treatments here in Orlando, please contact us online or call (407) 333-3040.
Leave a Reply